We’re very excited about the recent launch of Data Manager, a new Add-On that allows BaseCase users to visualize large datasets and create powerful data-driven presentations, tailored to their customers.
Large datasets, including ‘real-world data’ (RWD), add a new level of accuracy and relevance to value stories, and help field teams engage better with their customers. Many are keen to employ large datasets in their presentations; however, doing so in an efficient, error-free, compliant manner requires the right tools.
In an attempt to utilize large datasets, it’s not uncommon for market access and key account managers to copy-and-paste chunks of data from Excel into Powerpoint, ad-hoc for each account. This process is not only time-consuming, error-prone, and very risky from a compliance perspective, but also fails to harness the real power large datasets offer.
Data Manager integrates seamlessly with the rest of the BaseCase platform to solve these issues, and enables you to:
- Create powerful data-driven tools, without programming.
- Replace error-prone manual processes with compliant, centralized content management.
- Update your datasets in just a few clicks.
- Auto-generate personalized, data-rich reports as PDF leave-behinds.
To find out more about Data Manager and its use-cases, request the Data Manager brochure:
No programming skills required
Like the rest of the BaseCase platform, no programming skills are required. Data Manager allows you to perform advanced data analytics quickly and easily without using complex databases, SQL or R.
Data Manager allows you to:
- Upload your Excel dataset into a data layer beneath your presentation.
- Search and filter large datasets, as well as aggregate filtered data using standard Excel skills.
- Connect UI elements such as dropdowns and buttons on the presentation layer to dynamic data filters.
- Link your dataset to interactive charts and graphs like you would any other BaseCase spreadsheet.
Since BaseCase content is dynamic and interactive, sales teams can use one presentation, and tailor it to each customer. Calculations and visualizations can be performed live using customer inputs, delivering accurate, personalized results — no more ad-hoc copy-pasting.
Remain compliant, with centralized content management
Publishing interactive, dataset-backed content centrally through BaseCase virtually eliminates compliance risks. All your content contains a revision history of each published version. Revisions are dated automatically so it’s clear which version is currently available to field teams. You can publish updates with ease, or revoke content at any time.
Stay relevant, with regular ‘in-house’ updates
In order to maximise the relevance of large datasets, they must be up-to-date. Outside of BaseCase, updating a database can be a delicate job, often reserved for specialists. Data Manager has been designed to allow for easy, in-house updates. When updating a BaseCase app’s data layer, all connections to the user interface are maintained, provided your new dataset’s column names match the existing one. This means you can schedule updates as required and perform them without delay.
Auto-generate data report leave-behinds
Following a presentation, having applied a large dataset to a customer’s setting, providing a personalized report as a leave-behind will make a lasting impression. Highly relevant, data-rich, branded PDFs can be auto-generated, using dynamic inputs from your presentation. They can then be downloaded or emailed without leaving the app.
Large datasets vs. spreadsheets
As standard, BaseCase Interactive allows users to upload spreadsheets containing their data, which work well for small datasets that do not require regular updates. However, when working with large datasets, comprising tens of thousands of rows, Data Manager offers a much faster and easier workflow with a number of important benefits:
- Importing large datasets using Data Manager, creates a new data layer. This clean separation between data and presentation layers allows updates to be performed easily, without requiring specialist knowledge of the app.
- Data Manager facilitates the use of datasets up to 10x larger than a standard BaseCase spreadsheet, with great performance across all supported devices.
- You can avoid using hundreds of complex
IF()functions to make a spreadsheet behave like a database — dynamic filters do this for you.
If you’d like to see Data Manager in action, request a live demo: