Quality Assurance Checklist
All BaseCase apps developed by our consulting team or by BaseCase Partners go through a rigorous Quality Assurance assessment to ensure that they comply with our design guidelines.
An app will only pass the Quality Assurance assessment if all of the below questions can be answered positively.
- Are all styles defined?
- Are all ‘obsolete’ styles removed?
- Is there no more than one typeface on a page?
- Are text sizes of 12pt or larger used?
- Are all used colors defined in the palette?
- Are colors consistent with the brand/palette?
- Are actions (links/buttons/image buttons) consistently formatted and easy to identify?
- Is the correct canvas size used?
- Are all fields and other controls correctly aligned?
- Do all objects have consistent padding and margins?
- Are there no overlapping controls? (With the possible exception of images.)
- Do all controls fit completely within their parent containers?
- Are all controls no larger than they need to be?
- Are the appropriate controls used for the content that is displayed?
- Is all formatting appropriate for expected inputs and outputs?
- Does app layout remain stable when a control is used?
- Is the content organized logically and coherently, without clutter?
- Are all headings easy to distinguish?
- Is the text clear and concise, with consistent line spacing and breaks?
- Is the app navigation easy to understand and consistent?
- Do all actions link to the correct pages or pop-ups?
- Is the navigation symmetric (i.e. can you go back to where you were)?
- Are all images RGB 72dpi?
- If applicable, are the legal notices placed at the bottom of the page?